Position: ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT
Job Type: Part-time, Hourly.
SUMMARY OF JOB
- Interacts and serves the members and guests of the BSC and the local communities in a friendly and polite manner.
- Performs office duties as scheduled including opening, closing, computer work, data entry, cash handling and record keeping, correspondence, phone, reception, mailings, filing, and keeping appropriate and accurate computer and paper records.
- Assists with the promotion, administration and reporting of center activities, projects, programs, and fundraisers. This could include set up and take down for classes, activities, and events.
- Creates and maintains a hospitable, safe, clean, and pleasant environment at the BSC including maintaining the hospitality areas and coffee bar.
- Identifies, monitors, and responds to possible safety and health issues and concerns with the facility, equipment, members, and guests. Reports/takes action with those incidents/issues in the appropriate manner.
- Creates and/or coordinates 1) a social media presence to include content creation and 2) print media to include posters and newsletter management (preferred)
Required knowledge, skills & abilities:
- Effective communication in English, both verbally and in writing.
- Computer literate with proficiency in MS Office programs including Excel.
- Cash handling and register experience with a high degree of accuracy.
- Strong customer service and interpersonal skills in a diverse member base.
- Organized multi-tasker with strong attention to detail.
- Team player who can problem solve in a fast paced, changing environment.
- Ability to obtain a Food Handling Permit and CPR/1st Aid certification (paid by BSC).
- Sense of humor and a smile is welcome.
- Social and print media preferred
Schedule: Wed thru Fri, 18-24 hours a week with occasional event attendance as needed.
TO APPLY FOR THIS ROLE:
Please submit resume to [email protected]